1st exhibition by Pablo Picasso aged 19, opens in Paris (1901)
Picasso’s first exhibition opened in Paris for the very first time on this day in 1901. The start of his blooming career, and making him one of the most influential artists of the twentieth century! His artwork represented his life – the colours and painting were influenced by the stages of his life.
- Take a look at some of his artwork, click – here
- Can you figure out from his paintings what his life was like at that time?
- Enjoy our Pablo Picasso Art Gallery activity – here
- Enjoy some draw-alongs, how about sea creatures or pets – here and here
- Print off and enjoy our Artistic Activity Book – here
- Have a go at drawing each other, or yourselves – here