Boxing Day is a holiday celebrated the day after Christmas Day, occurring on the second day of Christmastide. It originated as a holiday to give gifts to the poor. In parts of Europe, such as Bulgaria, Catalonia, Czechia, Germany, Hungary, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Scandinavia, 26 December is celebrated as a second Christmas Day.
- Watch a video on the history of Boxing Day – here
- Create your own memory boxes – here
- Make your own recycled bookmarks – here
- Or make your own recycled wall decorations – here
- Have a go at recycling your Christmas boxes – here
- Or how about making your own gift tags – here
- See if there’s any ways you can help your community today