D-Day commemorates the World War II invasion of Normandy. To this day, it is the largest amphibious invasion in the history of warfare. The Allies manned over 5,000 ships and landing craft to land over 150,000 troops on five beaches in Normandy. It is thought of as one of the most important events in military history as the sheer force of the invasion convinced the German high command that they had been defeated.
- Watch the Oomph! Churchill talk and take part in a quiz – here
- Read our D-Day article in the June Oomph! Digest – here
- Explore our D-Day information pack – coming soon!
- Listen to some wartime classics with Alan – here
- Watch the History Hit video about D-Day – coming soon!
- Listen to the History Hit podcast about D-Day – coming soon!