Dr No, first in the Bond series, was released (1962)
Dr. No is a 1962 spy film directed by Terence Young. It is based on the 1958 novel of the same name by Ian Fleming. Starring Sean Connery, Ursula Andress, Joseph Wiseman, and Jack Lord, it is the first film in the James Bond series. In the film, James Bond is sent to Jamaica to investigate the disappearance of a fellow British agent. The trail leads him to the underground base of Dr. No, who is plotting to disrupt an early American space launch from Cape Canaveral with a radio beam weapon.
- Watch a classic James Bond film today
- Or how about watching a clip and discussing your favourite Bond – here
- Test out your James Bond knowledge with our quiz – here
- Bond loves Aston Martins, so enjoy our classic car crossword – here
- Name that Bond Movie activity – here
- Try your hand at being a spy with our Code Cracking activity – here
- Create your own classic car club where you discuss a new car each week
- And to top it all off, discuss if you prefer your cocktails shaken or stirred?