Howard Carter opened the tomb of King Tut (1923)
Archaeologist Howard Carter entered the sealed burial chamber of the ancient Egyptian ruler King Tutankhamen on the 16th of February 1923. King Tut’s tomb was by far the most intact of all the tombs that were excavated and artefacts were well-preserved. This was a huge find for the archaeological community.
- Watch a Tutankhamun treasures video from History Hit – here
- Listen to a Tomb of Cleopatra podcast from History Hit – here
- Accompany the video and podcast with an Ancient Egypt Quiz – here
- Explore the famous dig of Tutankhamun in Egypt with National Geographic – here
- Have a go at our Raiders of the Lost Ark reminiscence activity – here
- Contact your local archaeology society to find out how you can get involved