International Animation Day
International Animation Day (IAD) is an international observance to celebrate the art of animation. This day commemorates the first public performance of Charles-Émile Reynaud’s Théâtre Optique at the Grevin Museum in Paris, 1892. In 1895, the Cinematograph of the Lumière brothers outshone Reynaud’s invention, driving Émile to bankruptcy. However, his public performance of animation entered the history of optical entertainments.
- Name that Loony Tune with our quiz – here
- Make your own flip book animations with notebooks and black pens
- Watch this clip showing the evolution of animation – here
- Enjoy a classic animation word search in our monthly book…
- Print off and enjoy the whole section in our monthly activity book – here
- Discuss your favourite animated characters