International Beer and Pizza Day
Beer is the oldest alcoholic beverage known to man, and has occupied an important part of our culinary past as both a liquid food source as well safe way of imbibing water. The Ancient Egyptians included beer in every level of their food chain! Pizza, on the other hand, heralds back to 997 AD in Gaeta, Italy, though of course it didn’t have any tomato sauce on it. Tomatoes didn’t come to Europe until the discovery of the New World, and when Italians discovered tomatoes they never looked back! Finally, after thousands of years, these two amazing things came together to be celebrated in Beer and Pizza Day!
- Put pizza and beer on the menu today!
- There’s never been a better time for our Beer activity book – here
- Try out different beers and score them with our Beer tasting activity – here
- Make your own decorative beer bottles for the occasion – here
- Have a virtual tour of a brewery to find out more about beer – here
- Watch some authentic Italian pizza being made – here