International Chess Day
International Chess Day was established by the International Chess Federation to spread knowledge and appreciation for this much admired game. This year the theme is “teach someone to play chess”. The day was established in 1966 when chess was experiencing a resurgence in popularity in the US. It is celebrated on the 20th July because that was the date that the FIDE was created.
- Give yourself a challenge with these chess puzzles – here
- Create your own board game – here
- Play some games of Scrabble with our Scrabble activity – here
- Challenge yourself with some brain training game – here
- Learn more about the wonderful world of chess with our special edition Oomph! Digest – here