International Day of Charity
To honour the important work that these many charities do, in 2012 the United Nations decided to nominate an annual International Day of Charity as an official day of recognition and celebration. The reason the date was chosen is because it is the anniversary of the death of Mother Teresa of Calcutta. To celebrate this day, people are encouraged to donate money and time, to carry out charitable works, and also to educate people and raise awareness about the many charitable issues worldwide.
- Host a cake sale to raise money for charity, try the no bake birds nest – here
- Set a steps goal as a group and get sponsored to raise money for charity
- Fundraise by selling crafts such as woollen birds – here
- Or how about selling recycled storage boxes – here
- Host a quiz night using our quizzes and charge for participation – here