International Joke Day
The first joke is often attributed to the Greeks, specifically Palamedes, who is also credited with the invention of many other things. An example of an ancient Greek joke-telling reads like this:
‘A barber, a bald man and an absent-minded professor take a journey together. They have to camp overnight, and so decide to take turns watching the luggage. When it’s the barber’s turn, he gets bored, so amuses himself by shaving the head of the professor. When the professor is woken up for his shift, he feels his head, and says “How stupid is that barber? He’s woken up the bald man instead of me.”
Laughter is medicine for the soul, so today be inspired by joke-telling with our activity ideas…
- Tell some dad jokes to each other – the sillier the better – here
- Have a go at our sensory guessing game – here
- Create your own joke juke box with our activity – coming soon!
- Enjoy these funny and creative improv games – coming soon!
- Feel energized with our Laughter Yoga session: Doing The Housework – here
- Play a light-hearted prank with our orange and jelly activity – here
- Tickle your funny bone with this seaside themed Laughter Yoga session – here
- Enjoy our cooking themed Laughter Yoga session – here
- Relax with our Woodland Walk Laughter Yoga session – here
- Test your knowledge with our British Comedians Quiz – coming soon!
- Have a laugh with our cheesy joke collection – coming soon!