Judy Garland's Birthday
Judy Garland was born Frances Ethel Gumm in Minnesota in the summer of 1922. In 1935, she signed her first contract with MGM studios after Louis B. Mayer, the head of the studio, saw her perform on stage with her sisters. Judy was quickly brought into the studio system, going to school with stars like Elizabeth Taylor and Ava Gardner. Judy became a huge star thanks to a series of comedies with comedian Mickey Rooney and would later have iconic roles in The Wizard of Oz, Meet Me in St. Louis and A Star is Born.
- Enjoy our Judy Garland activity book – here
- Explore the Wizard of Oz with our film flashcard – coming soon!
- Enjoy the Oomph! Judy Garland playlist – coming soon!
- Get active with our yellow brick road exercise session – coming soon!
- Take part in our over the rainbow sensory activity – here
- Take part in our sensory rainbow rice activity – here
- Test your knowledge with the musical theatre quiz from our partners at Musical Moments – here
- Print out our musical theatre activity book – coming soon!