Mahashivratri, “The Great Night of Shiva” is the most significant event in India’s spiritual calendar. Maha Shivratri is predominantly a Hindu festival, celebrated annually in honour of Lord Shiva, the God of destruction. It is solemn and marks a remembrance of “overcoming darkness and ignorance” in life and the world. It is observed by remembering Lord Shiva and chanting prayers, fasting, and meditating on ethics and virtues such as honesty, non-injury to others, charity, forgiveness, and the discovery of Lord Shiva.
- Learn more about the spiritual event – here
- And use some of our religious tradition resources – Coming soon!
- Take time to reflect today on times when you have overcome darkness
- Continue your reflection with mindfulness – here
- And use mindfulness to find your inner peace – here
- Use chanting for sound healing with our video – here
- Watch last year’s celebrations – here