Muharram/Islamic New Year
Muharram is one of the most important months for Muslims and marks the start of the Islamic New Year. The month of Muharram is generally deemed the holiest of the year, even more so than Ramadan, and many Muslims in the UK spend its first day praying and reflecting on their lives.
- For Muslims, this is a time to recite Koranic verses and hold special prayers
- You can make Muharram night sky treats with our activity – here
- Or create your own table decorations with our activity – here
- How about making some special wish tags – here
- Find out more about a Turkish Muharram recipe called Ashura – here