Oktoberfest is held annually in Munich, Bavaria, Germany. It is a 16 to 18 day folk festival running from mid- or late September to the first Sunday in October, with more than six million people from around the world attending the event every year. The festival originated on October 12, 1810, in celebration of the marriage of the crown prince of Bavaria, who later became King Louis I, to Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen. It’s the world’s largest beer celebration!
- Print off and enjoy our beer activity book – here
- Have a deliciously refreshing beer tasting with our activity – here
- Learn more about Oktoberfest with a virtual tour – here
- Listen to some traditional German songs and music – here
- Have a tasty German sausage tasting with sauerkraut
- Dress up in your leiderhosen or the colours of the German flag