Oomph! Christmas Pudding Day
Put on your apron and gather family or friends to stir up some Christmas pudding recipes! No Christmas is complete without a Christmas pudding. Christmas pudding is a dark, sticky, and dense sponge, more like a fruitcake, made of mixed dried fruit, candied fruit peel, apple, and citrus zests. Brandy and spices provide a deep, complex flavor and signature dark color. We want to celebrate these delicious puddings today!
- Find out more about the origins of Christmas puddings – here
- Try our Ultimate Christmas pudding Recipes – here
- Have a go at making our Christmas pudding flapjacks – here
- Watch Jamie Oliver make a delightful pudding – here
- Or watch Delia make hers in 1990 – here
- Put Christmas take on our recipe roots activity – here
- And discuss – is Christmas pudding an essential?