Pavarotti performs his last opera (2004)
Luciano Pavarotti was an Italian operatic tenor who during the late part of his career crossed over into popular music, eventually becoming one of the most acclaimed and loved tenors of all time. On 13 March 2004, Pavarotti gave his last performance in an opera at the New York Metropolitan Opera, for which he received a long standing ovation for his role as the painter Mario Cavaradossi in Giacomo Puccini’s Tosca.
- Enjoy The Marriage of Figaro opera performance by Street Theatre – here
- Relax with a piano sound healing – here
- Enjoy our Classy Classical activity – here
- Try out our Pavarotti cook book activity – here
- Have a go at our going to the opera activity – here
- Enjoy Pavarotti’s music today, including tunes from the 3 tenors – here