St Pirans Day (Cornish saint)
Saint Piran’s Day is celebrated each year on 5th March as the national day of Cornwall. Saint Piran, or ‘Perran’ as he is also known, is famed for his discovery of the precious metal tin. Saint Piran is the patron saint of tin-miners and Saint Piran’s Day was originally observed as a ‘tinner’s holiday’ by the numerous tin-miners of Cornwall.
- Reminisce your trip to Cornwall with our activity – here
- Enjoy our Oomph! Cornwall Digest – here
- Get whisked away to Cornwall with our holistic activity – here
- Make some delicious simple scones – here
- And debate whether the cream or jam comes first!
- Make your own ice cream to celebrate Cornwall – here
- Indulge in delightful cornish pasties – here
- Explore the history of the Cornish pasty – here
- Enjoy our St Pirans day dancing – here