Start of Nutrition and Hydration week
Nutrition and Hydration Week has taken place every March since 2012. Its purpose is to bring people together to create energy, focus and fun in order to highlight and educate people on the value of food and drink in maintaining health and wellbeing in health and social care. It’s also about celebrating and promoting improvements in the provision of nutrition and hydration locally, nationally, and globally.
- Try out a sensory drink challenge to quench your thirst – here
- Try out some sensory ice – a great way to get hydrated without drinking water – here
- Enjoy some tasty and nutritious carrot fries – here
- Make some delicious milk lollies – full of calcium – here
- Or some scrummy jelly oranges – here
- We also have a yummy mocktail recipe for increasing intake of fluid – here
- Make some delicious scones as a yummy treat – here
- Make hydration fun with a sensory tea tasting- here
- Indulge in some delicious veggie crisps as a healthy snack – here
- Make a hydration station within your setting, pop it on wheels and include popular drinks
- Link nutrition and hydration into your exercise sessions as a break or post-exercise snack!