Strawberry Day (Japan)
Strawberry Day in Japan is known as Ichigo. The world ichi means “one” (or in this case January), while “go” means five. “Ichi-go” in Japanese is the same as the word for strawberry. It’s the perfect opportunity to enjoy a strawberry feast or even make delicious strawberry cakes.
- Try Strawberry frozen yoghurt for Strawberry Day – here
- Adapt our Banana Milkshake activity and use strawberries instead – here
- Have a go at our Food quiz – here
- Adapt our sensory chocolate covered apples and use strawberries instead – here
- Find out more about expensive strawberries in Japan with this clip – here
- And discuss if you would ever pay that much for a Strawberry!