The Blitz began in London (1940)
The Blitz was an intense bombing campaign undertaken by Nazi Germany against the United Kingdom during World War II. For eight months the Luftwaffe dropped bombs on London and other strategic cities across Britain. The attacks were authorized by Germany’s chancellor, Adolf Hitler, after the British carried out a night-time air raid on Berlin.
- Remember the history of London with our London activity book – here
- Transport turned into air-raid shelter with the London Underground so…
- Try our London Underground quiz – here
- Winston Churchill was Prime Minister of the UK for the second World War. Explore Winston’s words – here
- Watch our Winston Churchill talk and quiz – here