The film Grease released (1978)
Grease first debuted on stage in 1971 in Chicago and was universally well reviewed and popular. After a successful transfer to Broadway, the film rights to the production were quickly snapped up by Hollywood producer Allan Carr and sold to Paramount Pictures. After a nationwide search for cast members, Australian singer and actress Olivia Newton-John and Saturday Night Fever star John Travolta were cast. The film quickly became a beloved classic with its catchy songs becoming staples of nights out!
- Test your knowledge of musical theatre with our quiz – here
- Grease has some iconic love songs, have a go at making your own – coming soon!
- Create a musical based on your life with the Oomph! musical of you activity – here
- Sing-a-long to swing music from the Grease era – here
- Print out our Grease film flashcard – coming soon!
- Learn more about Grease on stage with our special digest – coming soon!
- Enjoy our Grease charades activity – coming soon!