Thomas Cook was born (1808)
Thomas Cook was an English businessman. He is best known for founding the travel agency Thomas Cook & Son. He acquired business premises on Fleet Street, London in 1865. The office also contained a shop which sold essential travel accessories, including guide books, luggage, telescopes and footwear. In 1872, he formed a partnership with his son, John Mason Andrew Cook, and was a frontrunner of establishing tourism systems across the world.
- Read our History of travel agents & holidays newspaper – Coming soon!
- Learn Spanish Greetings with Lingo Flamingo – here
- Or go on your Italian Holidays with Lingo Flamingo – here
- Try a fun Tourism Journal activity – here
- Print off our Passport templates to go on holiday with – here
- Or for a coach trip, try out trip ticket template – here
- Want a taste of Spain? Enjoy our Spanish Muffin recipe – here
- And compliment it with a Spanish activity book – here
- Prefer to go further away? How about a Greek activity book – here
- And even further, take a trip to Thailand with our Quiz – here
- Discuss what would be your grand world tour and why, then use the ideas to fulfil wishes