Walt Disney's "Mary Poppins“ premieres (1964)
Mary Poppins, American musical film, released in 1964, that features the now-iconic screen debut of Julie Andrews. A children’s classic, Mary Poppins is considered to be among the finest of Walt Disney’s productions. The film is about a magical London nanny (played by Andrews) who mysteriously appears at a troubled household to take charge of raising the two young children of a banker and a busy suffragette.
- Watch this classic film (don’t forget your singing voices and popcorn!)
- Or enjoy clips of the famous songs, starting – here
- Print off and enjoy our Mary Poppins activity book – here
- Love musicals? Try out our musical theatre quiz – here
- Have a spoonful of sugar with our sweet (and savoury) quiz – here