William Morris' Birthday (1834)
William Morris (24 March 1834 – 3 October 1896) was a British textile designer, poet, artist, novelist, printer, translator and socialist activist associated with the British Arts and Crafts Movement. He was a major contributor to the revival of traditional British textile arts and methods of production. His literary contributions helped to establish the modern fantasy genre, while he helped win acceptance of socialism in fin de siècle Great Britain.
- Make clover brooches out of felt with our activity – here
- Watch a video on the life of William Morris brought to you by OnDemand – here
- Find out more about William Morris with our digest – here
- And enjoy a William Morris quiz – here
- Enjoy a fascinating clip about the arts and crafts movement – here
- Read our sewing themed special edition digest – here