It’s summer and that means it’s Wimbledon time! The first ever Wimbledon was on the 9th July, 1877. Since then, the games have been held at the All-England Club in Wimbledon, London, and are a symbol of British sport. Do tune in to watch some of the games live on TV with your Pimm’s in hand, some strawberries on standby and a bit dollop of cream to accompany.
Don’t miss out on any of the games, keep a track of the games – here.
- We’re huge fans of balloon tennis! Just make sure you have a balloon cover to avoid it popping
- Watch some reminiscent Wimbledon footage from the archives – here and here
- Enjoy a table tennis activity that’s great for hand dexterity – here
- Print out our Wimbledon themed activity book – here
- Make your own Wimbledon Trophy – here