World Heart Day
World Heart Day was established by the World Heart Foundation in 2012 when world leaders agreed on measures to cut global deaths from non-communicable diseases by 25%. As heart disease is responsible for nearly half of all these, it was decided that fighting heart illness should be a primary goal of the UN, UNICEF and World Heart Foundation. World Heart Day helps inform people around the globe that heart disease and stroke are the world’s leading causes of death and educate people about preventative measures they can take to keep their heart healthy. It is estimated that by establishing healthier habits, almost 80% of all heart-related illnesses could be either reversed or avoided altogether globally. The themes of 2022 are ‘Use Your Heart’ and ‘For Every Heart’, both of which have been chosen to encourage people to act in ways that not only protect their hearts but also raise awareness of healthy heart practices in the local and global communities.
Learn more about heart health with these activities!
- Look after your heart with this 20-minute workout from our partners at Instructor Live – here
- Write your own love song with our Activity Pack – here
- Get crafty with this cute paper heart mobile activity – here
- Get moving with our love train Oomph! workout with Alex – here
- Sit back and relax with this World Heart Day guided meditation – here