Oomph! is partnering with Majesticare, one of the UK’s leading luxury Care Groups, to engage residents and staff from 5 of their homes in a holistic world of wellbeing.
Majesticare have signed up to the new Oomph! On Demand platform, which will provide engaging exercise and activity content 365 days a year, across a diverse range of topics and meeting a range of interests and abilities.
Oomph! On Demand will be streamed into all participating care homes as part of our mission to enhance the minds, bodies and souls of care home residents, particularly during lockdown.
The 5 Majesticare homes will have access to the whole platform, which includes:
- Sports sessions such as slipper soccer and seated volleyball, designed with national sports bodies including Volleyball England, Boccia England and the English Cricket Board
- Exercise activities adapted for different health conditions with experts from Arthritis Action and the University of Exeter
- Language lessons with Lingo Flamingo, an expert organisation who make language learning accessible for all and improve the lives of those living with dementia
- A newly commissioned comedy performance about Henry VIII
- Singalongs, music therapy sessions, drama workshops, virtual tours of stunning landscapes, cookery inspiration and how-to craft activities
Our specialist wellbeing instructors have played a key role in the creation of content and are adding many new activities each week. Care home staff and residents will be able to select activities according to their desired wellbeing goal or personal interests.
Chris Guest, Head of Lifestyle and Community at Majesticare’s Wiltshire care home, Blenheim House in Melksham commented on how important it is to ensure residents have access to physical wellbeing sessions.
“As part of our “Continue being Me” programme which stimulates mind, body and soul for our residents, we have incorporated Oomph! as part of our daily fitness, dexterity and motor skills development classes. Our residents love the sessions and it is a delight to watch our staff join in! Oomph! helps us to create a vibrant, happy care home where physical and sensory stimulation is so important”
The project has been spearheaded by Steve Gardner, Wellbeing Director, Oomph! on Demand, a qualified personal trainer who also delivers an array of motivational seated exercise sessions on the platform. He said:
“Care home residents are losing out on so much including the chance to see family members and to take outings. We have sharpened our focus on the life affirming things that older adults can still do. On Demand is a no-brainer for enhancing quality of life in every care home in the UK and we are delighted to be partnering with Majesticare who have signed up to this new Oomph initiative”